IELTS Writing Task 2(Sample Answer)
Government investment in the arts, such as music and theatre, is a waste of money. Governments must invest this money in public services instead. To what extent do you agree with this statement?
The government must allocate funds on public services instead of investing in music and theatre arts which are considered an unnecessary expense. I completely agree with this statement of utilising people’s money in public services than in the arts.
The foremost reason for not considering any investments in arts is because area, such as music and arts, is a recreational activity rather than an essential service. It does not form a vital link in society and is enjoyed by the wealthier sections of the society who constitutes around 20% in our country whereas the remaining 80% of people are economically poor and are devoid of basic amenities such as food, health, and employment. Thus, investment by the government authorities should not be in the arts.
On the other hand, the important reason for not spending in public service is it improves the welfare of the people and society. Spending money in providing free education would provide opportunities for children from economically deprived backgrounds to prosper in their life. As more people are getting graduated, a majority of jobs would be taken up by the locals than from outsiders. This, in turn, would overall enhance the economic activities of the country. Hence, investing in a citizen’s education would result in the growth of the individual and the community.
In conclusion, I strongly believe that a government’s expenditure must not be in a leisure activity such as arts, but instead ought to be spent on public services such as education which is beneficial to both the common man and the society as a whole.
Estimated Band Score-7.0
Get Your Writing Tasks Evaluated by an IELTS Expert
- All about IELTS (Tips & Strategies) (16)
- IELTS Speaking (12)
- Recent Success Stories (24)
- Uncategorized (4)
- Writing Task 1 Model Answers (1)
- Writing Task 1(GT Letters) (38)
- Writing Task 2 Model Answers (59)